Reduction in consumption units; How does a light sensor help in doing so?
A lighting control panel or a light sensor（daylight sensor） works through signals and sensors based on a set algorithm to control and regulate light in a given area based on the sensor capacity and coverage. This not only helps to save energy but looking at the long term result, it also saves you money. This sensor helps in minimizing the unit consumption of electricity. The automated switching off of the lights may reduce the consumption level to about 30%-50%. Hence it helps to cut the electricity bill for you when you may leave a room and forget to switch off all the electronic appliances. With these control panels and sensors, you do not have to worry about it anymore and can be dependent on the light sensors to do it for you.
Uses; Light sensor in offices –
Light sensors are of great use in offices, helping to save a lot of electricity at a much higher level. Offices require to be run on continuous electricity supply; everywhere you go, you see gadgets like laptops, computers, printers, etc. You just cannot keep reminding people to switch off lights in an office as there is so much work stress, and everyone seems very busy and indulged in assigned work and hectic tasks with a tight schedule. There is too much rush for someone to notice the lights. These workplaces consume a lot of power and electricity as many people are working in the building on a large scale, so it is very important to regulate and maintain a system to minimize consumption through light sensors. These light sensors will not interfere with your work and will help to save electricity without any hindrance.
While choosing the right light sensor for your office, consider the following places –
· Desk place – if you want to keep a check on the presence of your employees on the desk space, these sensors help to find this out for you. The absence of an employee or a person from their desk space will switch off the lights.
· Corridors – corridors are just like pathways. The employees are often overloaded with work and are concentrating on the deskwork whereas the corridor is empty. These light sensors will help to switch off the corridor lights when not in use.
· Meeting rooms – Meeting rooms mostly do not need light as they are made to hold discussions, but these rooms contain many electronic appliances like a projector, screen, etc., if left switched on, these devices can be damaged. A light sensor makes sure to switch off the electricity system of the place after everyone leaves.
Why do you need a light sensor in your office?
· Safety of people – Electricity mishaps happen mostly in the absence of people when the minute problem gets unnoticed and results in a major incident. Light sensor makes sure to switch off the electricity in the absence of people and hence helps to maintain safety. In case any such mishap happens, these sensors help to detect the presence of people caught in the situation.
· Save money – If you want to cut your electricity bill. You must install these light sensors at different places in the office, covering certain areas where it is needed.
· Relocate – these sensors are easy to be relocated and installed, so you could always change the setup and choose a place that is causing the maximum electric consumption.
Do not be stressed about the usage of electricity in the office. It is a firm, so it is meant to run with the help of gadgets and appliances. A constant energy supply is needed so that the work runs smoothly, and one cannot work with switching a device on and off every now and then. You always need a power backup in the office so that all the data and information is updated instantly and make sure that there is no abrupt power cut leading to loss of important data and work. So if there is so much need for a continuous power supply, how do you save electricity at the workplace? Here we need to understand the difference between usage and wastage. You do not need to cut off the usage, but wastage of electricity is what needs to be handled and controlled. Unnecessary appliances are what need to be shut when not in use. Wastage of electricity causes nothing but loss in different spheres.
Why save electricity?
The world is already facing the deadliest hazard, and the coronavirus pandemic is caused due to human carelessness and over-exploitation of animals. Countless people have lost their lives, and many are still struggling to survive. It is high time that we become careful about saving other natural resources so as to conserve and promote what is left otherwise, and it is not far that these resources will become extinct. When you think from a broader perspective investing in something like a light sensor has long-term benefits for nature and you. It helps to save electricity and money. Lesser power consumption leads to lesser toxic fumes released by the power plants. These toxic fumes are harmful to the environment and deteriorate the air quality index. Overuse and exploitation of natural resources have caused an increase in the overall temperature of the earth, causing global warming. This causes the excessive melting of icebergs resulting in floods, landslides, and other natural disasters. The toxic substance also harms the trees and jungles by polluting the air. This may lead to the rise of greenhouse gases hence contributing to the rising of temperature; these greenhouse gases also cause acid rain and result in the damage of human resources.
But, sometimes, even if you want to reduce energy consumption level but due to habit forget to switch off the lights, a light sensor comes into use in such a condition that will keep a check on the unnecessary power consumption.